Friday, July 20, 2007

First Night in Auribeau sur Siagne



We are now in Auribeau, France. It is remarkably like
southern California (sunny and very warm), and the
home we are in is magnificent. The living space is on the
second floor over the ground floor garage and studio
apartment From the gate a stairway leads to the front
porch. Attached is a view from the front porch
looking east down the stairs. Last night we ate dinner
after sundown on the veranda which faces east and south
off the kitchen.

Auribeau sur Siagne is originally a 13th century
village that has now suburbanized with many new homes.
However the new homes are designed to maintain the
character of early Mediterranean architecture. with
earth-tone stucco exterior, arched and shuttered
windows, and tile roofs.

Unfortunately Kathleen's luggage is lost and we are
waiting for Delta Airlines to deliver it to the house.
She will buy some lightweight clothes today to get
by, but she needs the luggage before we go hiking in
the Alps on Monday.

4 comments:

Lois Tow said...

I'm looking forward to your blog so I can travel with you vicariously. Southern France sounds lovely and warm - wish I was there - we have fog in SF today, of course.

The people with whom you traded houses had an adventure this morning: a 4.2 earthquake centered in Oakland at 4:42 AM (unless they slept through it). It woke Emily up, but neither Bruce nor I felt it.

XOXO, Lois

eagordon said...

o.k. my bad. I thought you left about 2 weeks ago. I was getting ready to call you because I thought you were back. I will read your blog with some trepidation because I'm afraid I will become consumed with jealousy. xo, Ellen

Anonymous said...

ohhh...too bad about the luggage but look at it this way if you were to buy a whole new french wardrobe you'd be the coolest looking teacher at RP ever!!!!...i'd be so envious!!! thanks for including me on your adventure...can't wait to read more....

Judy said...

Oh, no...not the luggage. This happens so much, Robert swears he will only carry a back-pack from now on...
Hope all worked out and you are safe and warm in the Alps.
I almost called the house guests in Oakland to reassure them the Earthquake was nothing to fear...
They are getting a taste of the real thing over here.
Cool in Los Osos--hotter than hell in LA...you do the math. We are heading bck to L.O. by way of Mother July 30.
Hope to see you there in the fall maybe? Bring pictures!
LOve, Judy