Tuesday, August 7, 2007

bloggers where are you?

Hey bloggers out there, where are you?

We're almost out of time here in Provence, packing, cleaning up and organizing today. Then Wed. will be our last day to sight see; Thurs. we fly home.

No one has commented on the title of our blog. We thought it was very clever. Maybe you weren't impressed, or thought it was a word you didn't recognize.

4 comments:

eagordon said...

o.k. the jokes on me. I didn't get it until now. Way too intellectual of a joke for me.
Ellen

Lois Tow said...

I still don't get it. So please explain.

kathleeng said...

Hi Lois, Thank you, Thank you for asking...I've been wanting so badly for someone to ask.

The French refer to their country as l'hexagone because it's six-sided. The term is also is used to refer to things particularly French and/or a French sensibility.

Marcell asks, "Is that what's meant when someone puts a hex on you?" (The etymology of hex, a spell, is from from Greek hexe meaning witch, not from a six-sided France.)

How was Alaska? How's Em? Heard anything about Lucus?

Lois Tow said...

Ah hah! L'hexa... is totally unknown to me. Or I've forgotten - it's been 35 years since I studied French. Bruce wondered if it was a pun on exigent, but that definition didn't fit.